Thursday, April 3, 2014

Improving the World to Make a Better Picture

          My friend Kelsey who is a free-lance photographer was explaining to me shooting in RAW. She said that the file is much larger because it contains so much more information. It picks up all of the different shades of the color spectrum in-between the main colors. I have had a lot of time to think philosophy and many times I try to come to a conclusion using solid colors like black and white, but I get frustrated because I can’t come to any solid answers. I have decided in order to come up with the answers and become wiser I must begin to shoot in RAW. Kelsey also told me that sometimes the picture can look worse when shot in RAW and that you have to know how to edit it to make it look nice. I feel this is a good metaphor for life. Although its more simple and easier to move through life seeing in black and white, it is important to see all the shades of the color spectrum and although this can get ugly you have to accept that as reality and work hard to improve/edit the reality around you. I believe that before you try to change the world and make it better you have to see and have a deep understanding of what the underlying problems are and then you can begin to search for a real solution and put your energy into the most efficient direction. I feel like I am still a baby learning and growing in the massive sea of knowledge flowing through the universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment